Thank you for your interest in Spincycle Yarns. We are honored that our yarns inspire your creativity and that you are interested in choosing us for your upcoming project. If you’d like to know more about Spincycle as a company, visit the Who We Are section of our website. If you’d like to see the full list of our yarn offerings, utilize the dropdown menu under SHOP to see our current colorways organized by yarn lines.
We are happy to offer yarn support as well as collaborative promotion for qualifying design ideas! We want to know a little about your process, so spend a moment reading the questions below!
- Have we worked together before? If so, you can probably skip a lot of this and just get to the part where you send us your yarn wishlist! If not, no worries; we’d like to get to know you. Please share your Ravelry designer page, Instagram profile, and/or website.
- What design are you proposing? We would love for you to send us a sketch and/or a detailed description of your pattern idea. You can search designs featuring Spincycle on Ravelry to make sure there isn’t already something similar that’s been designed in our yarn.
- Which of our yarns and colors are you working with? We do occasionally discontinue a line or colorway to make room for our new ideas, and we’d sure hate to miss out on promoting your design because we are no longer producing the color you planned it in. If your yarn support wishlist includes a yarn that is marked for discontinuation, we’ll let you know and point you in the direction of an alternate.
- Are there other yarns besides Spincycle in the pattern? We love our fellow yarn producers and enjoy a good multiplayer collaboration! Working with two yarn companies might mean that we have different requirements for lead time or cross promotion, so let’s get that three-way dialog happening as soon as possible.
- Will your pattern be tech edited and test knit? We sure hope so! We also hope that your pattern testers will be excited to test in Spincycle, so we will send you a discount code that you can share with your test group when they are ready to shop for yarn!
- When do you plan to release your pattern? We’d love to cross promote in our newsletter and on Instagram. We do weekly newsletters and shop updates, and we may be able to design our restock around your pattern.
Remember, we are not just hand dyers! We are a wool mill, and our yarn production begins in the dye house and then moves into the mill to be pin drafted, spun, plied, washed, twisted and tagged. Ideally, we need a two to three month lead time for this process, in order to have good inventory numbers in your pattern’s colorway(s)!
If your turnaround is less than 2-3 months from idea conception through tech editing, testing, and release, we understand; however, we may not be able to have the colorway(s) you used in stock at the time of release. Of course, we will still cross promote! The main thing we want here is to have a dialog with you about your timing and expectations. We can be very flexible if we already have good inventory, and we can work together to pick the ideal release date.
- Will you be able to send us some gorgeous photos? This is a big one. In order to be able to cross promote on our social media and in our newsletter, we need your high-resolution, well lit, professional and/or high quality photos, preferably on a human - ideally you, the designer! We won’t be able to promote patterns that don’t meet the industry standard for good quality photography.
- Can you send us an advanced copy of the pattern? If we have the lead time, we’d love to get a sample of your design knit for our shop and our Instagram. We are great secret keepers and can keep the lid on pictures until release day. We are also excellent at teasing the design along the way, if that’s how you like to do it. We’ll follow your lead.
If this isn’t your first rodeo working with us, we apologize for all this redundant info, but hey, it’s good to get on the same page! If this is your first rodeo… we can’t wait to get to know you! We absolutely LOVE collaborations, and we love working with new designers as well as our recurring collaborators. There isn’t a pattern too small or too big for a collab and cross promotion.
Now that you’ve had a little perusal of our needs for a collaboration, we look forward to hearing from you! Reach out to email@example.com with your contact and shipping info and a list of what you need in the way of yarn support, and we will get this ball rolling! Please include yarn line, colorway(s) and yardage needs. We can’t wait to support your creativity with a care package of our yarn!
Yours, Kate and Rachel