If the colorway or item you want is not in stock, you can sign up to receive a restock notification by email. Look for the EMAIL WHEN AVAILABLE option available on any out-of-stock item.
When an item has been out of stock for a while, or is popular due to a new pattern release, there may be a LOT of folks signed up for restock notifications. When we stock the item, all of the restock notifications go out at the same time. Depending on the timing of when you check your email, the item might already be sold out again by the time you click over. We are sorry and we know that can be frustrating.
Here are a few things we think it might be helpful to know:
- We restock the website every Thursday at noon PST with the colorways we have made the week before.
- We announce the soon-to-be-restocked yarns in the weekly newsletter, so sign up for that!
- Some of our popular colorways sell out quickly. If the item is restocked at noon and the listing says "sold out" at 12:02, our website is not broken. That's just how fast it went!
- Adding yarn to your cart won't reserve it for you. It isn't yours until you make it all the way through the purchase process. (We get a lot of emails from folks whose coveted items disappeared from their carts while shopping for more yarn or while checking out. Unfortunately, we aren't able to offer shopping cart holds. That's a very sweet feature you've probably enjoyed when buying airline or concert tickets, but it's just not a thing for small business commerce websites.)
- To beat the crowds, consider creating an account on our website ahead of time for a quicker purchase process. You'll find the "create an account" button in the upper left hand corner of your screen on our homepage.
- Lastly, but to us, most importantly, please remember that we are real people with real feelings. When you write an angry email, it is opened by one of the owners of Spincycle, who has probably worked 50+ hours that week to try to supply as many folks as possible with yarn. Please don't take advantage of online anonymity to berate or threaten us. At the end of the day, y'all, it's just yarn.