About Restock Notifications
If the colorway or item you want is not in stock, you can sign up to receive a restock notification by email. You'll see this option available on any out-of-stock item.
When an item has been out of stock for a while, or is popular due to a new pattern release, there may be a LOT of folks signed up for restock notifications. When we stock the item, all of the restock notifications go out at the same time. Depending on the timing of when you check your email, or how many folks got the emails relative to how many skeins we were able to restock, the item might already be sold out again by the time you click over. We are sorry and we know that can be frustrating.
Here are a few things we think it might be helpful to know:
- We restock the website every Thursday at noon pst with the colorways we have made the week before. So set your calendar reminders for that!
- We announce the soon-to-be-restocked yarns in the weekly newsletter, so sign up for that!
- Some of our popular colorways sell out VERY QUICKLY. If the item is restocked at noon and the listing says "sold out" at 12:02, our website is not broken and we are not "playing games." (Sadly, I am quoting from some hate mail we have received). That's just how fast it went.
- Adding yarn to your cart won't reserve it for you. It isn't yours until you make it all the way through the purchase process.
- To beat the crowds frantically typing in their information at check out, consider creating an account on our website ahead of time for a quicker purchase process. You'll find the "create an account" button in the upper lefthand corner of your screen on our homepage.
- Lastly, but to us, most importantly, please remember that we are real people with real feelings. When you write an angry email, it is opened by one of the owners of Spincycle, who has probably worked 50+ hours that week and maybe missed a kid's karate meet or two, to try to supply as many folks as possible with yarn. Please don't take advantage of online anonymity to berate or threaten us. At the end of the day, y'all, it's just yarn.